The incumbent reports to the Information Systems Manager and is responsible for performing a variety of programming and integration activities.
Learn more about this agency
The key responsibilities of the Software Developer/Engineer are to:
- Integrate various systems via PLSQL Web Services, and APIs and maintain existing ones.
- Conduct data modeling and design.
- Develop and design reports in Business Intelligence (BI) Publisher and integrate with APEX.
- Develop and maintain code using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Conduct Data Transformation using ETL tools.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is in the excepted service and does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive Civil Service.
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship or, for noncitizens, proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Employment_of_Non-citizens . For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf .
- A background security investigation is required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to a selectee’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. A background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new Commission employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment, mandated by the Federal Compensation Act.
- All new Commission employees, those converted from a temporary appointment to a permanent appointment, and all rehired former Commission employees are required to serve a one-year probationary period. The probationary period begins on the effective date of the employee’s appointment, conversion, or rehire.
- If appointed to a temporary position, management may have the discretion of converting the position to permanent depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
- Applicant must relocate to the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college in Information Technology, Engineering or a related field of study. Applicants must have four (4) years of demonstrated experience utilizing the technical skills listed below.
One (1) year of specialized work experience equivalent to the previous level in the federal service is required. For example, one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level is required to qualify for appointment at the GS-12 level. Specialized experience is defined as progressively responsible work experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities that will enable the individual to successfully perform the duties of this position, and that is typically in or related to the work of this position.
Applicants must have a strong technical aptitude, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Applicants must also have the ability to multi-task and must be able to work alone and in a team setting.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- HTML5 / CSS knowledge
- Experience integrating REST APIs into APEX applications.
- Web application security / Data security.
- Strong Oracle database knowledge.
- Experience with advanced PLSQL skills.
- Experience with Integrating Systems using PL/SQL web services and APIs.
- Data modeling experience.
- Experience with Data Transformation using ETL tools. Experience should include checking data quality and use of regular expressions in the ETL processes.
- Experience with Oracle BI (Business Intelligence) Publisher and integration with APEX.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Experience with Oracle Application Express 18.0+.
- Knowledge of Oracle ODI (Oracle Data Integrator).
- An understanding of Data Warehouse.
Preference will be given to applicants with one or more of the following areas of experience:
- Advanced degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in obtaining and understanding business requirements.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college in Information Technology, Engineering or a related field of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess an advanced degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study.
The Commission participates in the following federal benefits: The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program; the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) program, federal retirement, the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), and the federal leave program. In addition, the Commission participates in the Judiciary’s Flexible Spending Program for dependent care, health care, and commuter reimbursement, and the government-wide Long Term Care Insurance Program, unemployment, and workers’ compensation benefits.
The Commission offers a monthly transit subsidy to employees who use mass transit to commute to and from work, subject to the availability of funds. The Commission offers alternative work schedules (AWS), which are fixed work schedules that enable full-time employees to complete the basic 80-hour biweekly work requirement in less than 10 workdays.
The Commission offers limited regular telework (not full-time) to employees in positions deemed eligible by the staff director and who meet the requirements of an approved telework arrangement in which an employee performs official duties at home or at an approved telework center.
The Commission also offers training opportunities to employees through LinkedIn Learning, and the Judiciary’s Online University, which offers academic credit and professional credit programs through web-based learning. These training tools assist Commission employees with taking online courses in a flexible way, by offering training courses in the areas of: staff training and development; credit toward undergraduate degree programs; continuing education and non-credit certificate programs; executive education; contract training; credit credentials courses for continuing professional education and credit for individuals who hold credentials and achieve certifications associated with several globally-recognized sponsored o
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Commission evaluates applicants through a structured interview. Applicants may also be screened for some jobs through a narrative/application review, and/or a preliminary telephone interview. Applicants may be required to take a skills assessment test. Applicants who do not address the qualification requirements (mandatory and preferred) in his or her application materials as stated in the vacancy announcement are automatically disqualified from consideration and must re-apply before the closing date to be considered for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Cover Letter
- If available, a recent job performance evaluation
- If available, college transcripts
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.