Master Software Engineer, Full Stack – Capital One Shopping
Are you a software engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A master coder who has passion and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid, dynamic environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
Capital One Shopping uses technology to find savings opportunities for consumers as they shop online. Our organization is a lean, purpose driven group that’s growing rapidly and looking for strong engineering talent. In this role, you would help us deliver innovative features to millions of customers and thousands of merchant partners through our browser extension , mobile app and web portal experiences. We’re a group of passionate engineers working closely to solve internet scale problems across our stack, including Node, React, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Kafka all running on top of AWS. Within the Shopping space, we have opportunities across our teams for hands-on engineering leaders to take ownership of some of our systems and data processes that power our customer experiences across our product offerings while managing engineers. These areas deliver an incredible amount of value to our customers and generate strong revenue for the company and as such, the potential for growth and ownership within this space present a unique opportunity.
About the Role
- Collaborate on solutions for critical systems that power our experiences for millions of customers and thousands of merchant partners
- Work on a team of high performing, full stack engineers and participate in recruiting efforts to help grow the organization
- Serve as a mentor and champion for the engineers on your team, leveraging one on ones, our competency list, and continued support towards future growth opportunities
- Work alongside our product partners to draft, prioritize and implement capabilities to drive adoption of our products while scaling the platform and processes to match the growth of the business
- Collaborate with other engineering teams in the Shopping engineering organization to solve common challenges and improve the platform
- Help shape and improve our software practices and foster a culture of quality
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degreeor military experience
- At least 6 years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience in people management
- 3+ years of experience collaborating with product owners on requirements and deliverables
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with React for frontend engineering
- Experience with Node.JS for backend engineering
- Experience with modern relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, and Redshift
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).